Friday, June 26, 2009

List of food items to avoid

Background here: I am trying to follow the Thyroid diet. I want to loose 10 pounds and have been struggling with it. Since I have hypothyroidism, I thought I would follow this diet since I am keeping my extra fat around my belly, which is the worst place to carry it. This explains my trial and tribulations during this process.

These are the foods I am suppost to avoid:

Bagels, cakes, cookies, granola, pretzels, rice, semolina pasta, bread (white flour), cold cereals, crackers, muffins, refined flours, rice cakes, white sugar.

Things I can eat occasionally:

Plain cooked oatmeal, brown rice, no sugar added-high fiber cereal, pita bread, spinach pasta, corn tortillas, peas, melba toast. No worries on the last two food items..ha!

I bought some Wasa multi-grain crackers at the store yesterday and laughed because these crackers are what my grandma used to eat. I am turning into her at age 36!

Today's food journal includes:

Exercise:

Taught a spin class, only did 30 min. since my neck is hurting so bad. I have a muscle cond. class at 8:15am, probably will do light weights.

Breakfast:

3 pieces sausage
2 eggs
1 cup of coffee with half and half

Lunch:

tostada compuesta without the tortilla, just ate the insides of it.
about 8-10 chips w/salsa

Dinner:

Green salad and little smokey hot dogs in BBQ sauce
cream cake w/berries and whip cream (saved my calories for dessert)

No comments:

Post a Comment